Special Trend Products
Best Seller Products
BONSAI CORK
BONSAI CORK

BOTANICAL CARD OF BONSAI

QUERCUS SUBER

Common Name: CORK - Family: FAGACEAE

ORIGIN:

Medium-sized tree with a typical thick and suberose bark, native to the Iberian Peninsula and North-West Africa. It has persistent, alternate, simple leaves with acute apex, dark green on the upper page and green-gray on the lower one. Much appreciated in the bonsai field for the beautiful bark it presents.

PRUNING:

Shorten the taproot gradually at each repotting, always trying to leave a good part of the root system formed by the capillaries; in the case of drastic transplants, defoliate the plant to avoid high transpiration. Shorten new shoots during the growing season

REPOT:

Every 2-3 years in the spring, while the buds are swollen and are about to open. Use 60% soil and coarse sand for the remaining 40%.

WATERING:

This plant grows in areas with a dry climate, but also likes abundant watering; it is advisable to water it abundantly, letting the soil dry out between one watering and the next.

FERTILIZATION:

Every 20-30 days from spring to autumn, stopping in the middle of summer.

EXPOSURE:

Heliophilous plant (sun lover), it must be protected during the winter in cases of temperatures close to 0, and exposed to full sun during spring-summer. It can also be kept indoors in a very bright place, vaporize the hair daily .

BINDINGS:

Make the bindings from late spring to summer.

Filter

There are 2 products.

Grid
Grid-2
List
List-2
Catelog

Active filters